icarus image

icarus image
We are the same as plants, as trees,
as other people, as the rain that falls.
We consist of that which is around us;
we are the same as everything.
- Buddha

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

mind your mind

Our mind is a goal machine. I remember applying to graduate school and thinking, “I’m going to get in and go.” I dreamt about packing my bags, saying my good-byes, taking the plane and flying across the country. Four months later, my acceptance letters came. I was happy but always knew I’d get in and go!



This is the direction I gave my mind and it carried it out. I had control over my situation by my mental attitude. When we lose control, we lose our direction. This has happened to me too. In order to stay positive, we must visualize and use positive wording in our daily life.


An exercise I do often is - I stand in front of my mirror during the morning, night and whenever I have a minute or two and say affirmations to myself. Below are some of my favorite affirmations that I say. While I say them I visualize a warm glowing light within bringing loving healing energy into my Being.

I am kind and loving, and I have a great deal to share with others.
I am a lovable & loving person. I am whole in myself.
I love myself & naturally attract loving relationships into my life.
I am now ready to accept a happy, fulfilling relationship.
I love myself completely as I am, and I’m getting better all the time.
I accept myself completely here and now.
I now feel inner peace & serenity.
 
(Thanks to Robert Snyder, Hypnotherapist for teaching me about the power of visualization.)